Sunday 28 November 2010

Brand names from Miami to Ibiza..

Listening to Swedish House Mafias latest song "Miami to Ibiza" I recognised a lot of brand names being dropped into the lyrics. It wasn't until I found the lyrics on-line that I discovered there were almost 15 brand names being used in just 3 minutes and 25 seconds worth of material, including Blackberry BOLD, Calvin Klein and Nike. Although most of which are abbreviated, to its audience there abbreviations are all very obvious. It makes me wonder, did Swedish House Mafia have to pay for all the brand dropping in there song, or is all the abbreviations just a way around that. And what exactly is the reason behind such obvious branding in the song? Is it all a money making scheme to promote these brands, or is the artist trying to create an identity, using these brands to create an image.



She said she likes my watch, But she wants Steve's AP (Audemars Piguet watch)
And she stay up all hours watching QVC
She said she loves my songs, She bought my MP3
And so I put her number in my Bold BB (Blackberry)

I got a black BM (bmw)She got a white TT (Audi tt)
She wanna see what's hiding in my CK (Calvin Klein) briefs
I tell her "Wear suspenders and some PVC, And then I'll film it all up on my JVC"

Scene one, Everybody get in your positions, Pay attention, and listen
We're tryna get this all in one take, So let's try to make that happen
Take one, Action

She pose for FHM (FHM Magazine),  She like my black LV (Louis Vuitton)
We spilling LPR (Cocktail) up on my APC (a.p.c. clothing),  
I'm in my PRPS (prps Jeans) and my Nike SB's
Raving with SHM (Swedish House Mafia) London to NYC

I got my visa and my Lisa, A diva and her dealer,
Bitch I'm up on the guest list, With the Swedish House Mafia
You can find me on a table, Full of vodka and tequila
Surrounded by some bunnies (Playboy Bunnies)And it ain't fuckin' Easter

I'll wake up in the morning, With a mild case of amnesia
With a girl that like a girl , Like Lindsay Lo and Queen Latifah
If you niggas are balling Then boy I must be FIFA
And that's standard procedure, From Miami 2 Ibiza


No comments:

Post a Comment